14 February 2015

Hello again!

Perhaps because I have not posted in almost three years, the fact that I lost a post just now on which I worked hard is justice for laziness.

My life, with happiness, pain, love, and surprises, has been wonderful. My fifteen-year-old daughter challenges and enriches me. My parents are aging with the curmudgeonly grace accorded to baby boomers--enough said about that! I adore my sister, who at times I want to punch and hug at the same time. The dog, who I inadvertently acquired in the divorce, needs to tell me where he has his stash of cocaine hidden so I can confiscate it. Maybe then he will calm down enough so I do not have to tell him to go play in traffic.

Since the divorce, I dated three men with whom I know now I needed to part ways. The truck driver and the contractor are good men at heart, but neither were "the one." The cyclist welder will need to answer to karma and the universe for having decimated and shredded my heart in a deceitful, narcissistic, and cavalier manner. No other words are necessary.

I never believed my mother when she told me I would find happiness with a man when I least expected it. Do you know mothers are right much, if not all, of the time? I have fallen into a happy connection with a man about whom I heard since 1987. We were in the same room in 1994 but did not meet until 2013. Mutual attraction grew over FB messages and long talks over coffee and beer, as well as our mutual passion for music and shared love for the San Francisco Giants. We support one another's musicianship and attend one another's concerts and gigs, and I fall for him all over again watching him play his bass. I have so many other things I want to say about him, but enough for now. I do not want to jinx my wonderful luck.

In March, I plan to run my fifth half marathon, and later in the year, my second full. marathon. Running brings me a peace I cannot find elsewhere, and I am grateful to be able to engage in this glorious self-torture.

I am a fortunate and blessed woman in so many ways. Thank you for reading this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment