Musings from a 50ish social worker who loves dark chocolate, running and being a mom to the greatest kid ever.
14 November 2016
Blessings
Today I choose to focus on the wonderful parts, the warm fuzzy bits of my life that comfort my heart.
My child is forever my number one. My love for my formerly-tiny, now-my-height human never ceases to amaze me. He is a sarcastic, whip-smart, talented, sensitive, annoying, tender, and funny, funny, funny. He knows when and how to cheer me up, and when he wants to, gives me the best hugs ever. I melt when I hold his little frame, and I pray to whatever is out there that my only baby will always be safe.
My parents and my sister are indispensable. I can be the biggest pain in the ass and they forgive me. It might take a while, but they take pity on my sorry self when I screw up. My father never ceases to say that family is all we have. As I have gotten older, this statement has evolved in my mind to include my closest friends.
Those are the women I can call at any time, who try to understand words I have drowned in tears, who cheer with me when I triumph, who drink with me and behave raucously, and who always listen. Always.
Those same women urged caution when I told them about my love, as they recognize my tendency towards recklessness. I listened to them and my heart, and for that I cannot be happier. He has decorated my life with music, flowers, sweet notes and cards, hour-long phone calls, tender kisses, and a love I thought would always elude me after the end of my marriage. We laugh together, and his smile is a prize. When we dance, I look at those beautiful eyes, hear his heart beat, smell the smell of him, touch his strong, talented hands, and taste the beautiful mouth I stared at the night he first kissed me.
I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment